OUR EXPERTISES > PRIVATE CLIENTS & FAMILIES
The Golden Visa Spain
The Spanish Golden Visa is a way to achieve Spanish residency by investing € 500,000 in real estate or qualified financial investments, intended to attract entrepreneurs to Spain, promoting inbound investments in real estate and other qualifying financial assets.
If you are considering Spanish citizenship by investment
Del Canto Chambers can help with:
- The initial assessment of your current situation
- Legal guidance to determine the next steps
- Application processing and follow-up.
- Permit renewal compliance
Get in touch and find out if you could be applicable for the Spanish Golden Visa
Spanish Citizenship by Investment
The Golden Visa in Spain is a good first step towards the Spanish permanent residence as well as travel in the Schengen area. A Spanish Residency permit gives you access to all “Schengen” countries, including:
Spain’s Golden Visa Requirements
Spanish Golden Visa investments can be made in:
- Spanish property worth €500,000+
- Company shares, investment funds or bank deposits worth over €1 million
- Spanish treasury bonds of €2 million or more, and
- Business projects deemed to be of general interest.
Are you eligible for residency via a Spanish Golden Visa?
In order to obtain a Spanish Residency permit by means of the Spanish Golden Visa scheme, you must be using at least €500,000 of your own funds for your investment to start with, however, above that threshold there is no limit to debt financing, for instance with a mortgage in Spain.
It is important to keep in mind that, in order to apply for the Spanish Golden Visa, the total amount of funds needed will rise approximately another 13% in taxes and legal fees, in order to be able to make the investment.
Alternatives to acquiring property are:
- buying Stock shares of a Spanish Company; in this case the amount rises to 1.000.000€ or more.
- depositing 1.000.000€ or more in a Spanish financial company
- acquiring Spanish Treasury Bonds worth 2.000.000€ or more.
- investing in business projects if you can prove that the business will have a positive effect in job creation, or make a social or economic impact, or represents a significant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.
Other Spanish Golden Visa Conditions:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record in Spain or in the countries where you have resided for the past five years
- Not be subject to an alert issued for refusing entry in any countries with which Spain has any kind of agreement in place
- Have a health insurance policy with an insurance company authorised to operate in Spain
- Have sufficient financial resources for yourself and for family members during your residence in Spain
- Have paid the visa or authorization processing fee
How Del Canto Chambers can help you obtain the Spanish Golden Visa
Del Canto Chambers offers a turnkey project management approach to facilitate the Spanish Golden Visa application process, including decision-making protocols and timelines, and can manage the whole project. We have supported many international entrepreneurs, investors and high-net-worth individuals to move to Spain, investing or obtaining a second residency or citizenship.
Del Canto Chambers assists clients in:
- deciding the right timing of the application
- the most appropriate investment
- negotiation during the acquisition
- structuring the transaction under the right corporate vehicle
- the logistical arrangements involving the change of residence.
Our approach enables us to coordinate the different professionals involved, integrating your existing advisers and other partners to ensure a successful transaction. A partner-led service, your contact at Del Canto Chambers will stay involved throughout the transaction, to ensure consistency, an in-depth knowledge of your priorities and a seamless service.
One application includes residence permits for your immediate family members, namely a spouse or partner; children who are minors; or those of legal age who, being financially dependent on the holder, have not formed a family unit for themselves and the parents whose care they’re in.
If you are considering investment via the Golden Visa in Spain you need to be very careful about the investments you select as the property market and stock and shares are particularly volatile during the current crisis. Our Spanish Golden Visa legal and tax specialists can give you advice on the realistic value of investments, maximise protection and tax efficiency, whilst ensuring compliance with all tax obligations and legislation in Spain.
Del Canto Chambers?
Del Canto Chambers provides dual-qualified, multi-lingual tax lawyers, who have worked on over 500 cases throughout Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, making us the counsel of choice for London-based and international clients, corporations, solicitors and tax advisers.