OUR EXPERTISES > CORPORATE
Our in-depth understanding of business dynamics in key industries in Spain allows us to offer advice on all the transactional aspects, including the Spanish and EU M&A implications and all necessary tax & legal advice. In addition, we will be a trusted advisor to your in-house legal team to ensure the deal is robustly scrutinised and any identified risks reported throughout the due diligence process.
The Del Canto Chambers comprehensive Due Diligence Report meets ISO 9001 standards. It includes Corporate & Governance, Sarbanes-Oxley and Financial regulations, Financials and Tax compliance, Intellectual Property, Data Protection and Privacy Laws, IT, Employment, Property, Pending Litigation, tax and regulatory inspections, Insurance, Government regulations and all other regulatory matters, as related to the deal.
Del Canto Chambers Due Diligence Process
Below are the five main steps of our due diligence process:
- We take the time to understand your business objectives for the M&A so that we can focus our work and final report on any specific risks to your commercial ambitions.
- We scope the project and create a comprehensive checklist of the documents required from both sides of the transaction on all the relevant areas to be analysed and coordinate who is accountable for each element of due diligence. We will decide on the Virtual Data Room policies and procedures.
- We evaluate all the documents and information provided to identify anomalies, potential risks, infringements, and red flags. In addition, we typically include an on-site inspection visit and in-depth meetings at the director and shareholders level, if applicable.
- The findings of the due diligence are reported regularly, as in many cases, they will influence the outcomes of the transaction.
- Once the Due Diligence is completed, the results are compiled in a Final Due Diligence Report outlining all of the checks undertaken, summarising any current or potential issues that warrant attention, outlining those parts of the business that are in good health, and including our conclusions and recommendations on whether:
- The business represents a good investment
- Our due diligence team is unable to make an informed recommendation unless certain undisclosed information is made available to us
- The deal should be abandoned based on issues encountered during due diligence.
Successful Due Diligence Projects
Del Canto Chambers has completed several due diligence for business acquisitions, commercial and residential properties in Spain, including the following ones between €150-400 million per acquisition:
- A media group listed in the Spanish Stock Exchange
- A listed SOCIMI or Property Holding Company
- A top Football Club in the Spanish Liga under NYSE standards in a deal worth $350 million.
- In a $400 million acquisition of a Spanish electric car manufacturer, we undertook the due diligence under US Stock Market regulations and Spanish law regulating the target company.
How can we help
Our team understands the complexities of international tax, commercial, and regulatory law and will meticulously examine every transaction detail. As a result, you can be confident that when you close the deal, no unpleasant surprises await.
A Del Canto partner will stay involved throughout the work to ensure you experience a seamless service. This connection provides both consistency and intimate knowledge of your business and the ability to be proactive in our advice and representation. We will also help you navigate the transactional process by coordinating the professionals involved.
Due Diligence and Corporate Law Experts
Why choose Del Canto Chambers?
Del Canto Chambers provides dual-qualified, multi-lingual tax lawyers, who have worked on over 500 cases throughout Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, making us the counsel of choice for London-based and international clients, corporations, solicitors and tax advisers.
We have worked on several corporate cases including some of the worlds leading companies in media, luxury boats, football clubs, NGOs, investments and much more
GET IN TOUCH
Let us guide you on our services for corporate
Articles & News
At Del Canto Chambers we are always sharing our knowledge and act as an active voice across different media. The following articles and news are related to and relevant for Real Estate Sale & Purchase and Spanish Tax Law.
The Democratic Memory Law offers descendants of Spanish citizens the opportunity to obtain Spanish nationality. This law is designed to safeguard the Spanish citizenship rights
Yes, if you moved to Spain to run a business through a Spanish company as a director you may apply for the Beckham tax regime
Do I require a TIE card if I hold a Golden Visa or Digital Nomad Visa issued by a Spanish Consulate?
When it comes to obtaining Spanish residency as an investor or a Digital Nomad, there are often numerous inquiries and uncertainties surrounding the process, especially