Our Arabic lawyers specialise in this diverse and complex Arab law and legal system, currently practiced in 25 countries.
The Arab Law system in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), includes Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
The GCC economy relies on a strong legal system, most of it translated to English. It is based on Sharia with a foundation in common and continental law, and an understanding of all aspects, combined with insights into the richness and depth of Arab business culture, is fundamental to interpret it.
Our Arabic law specialists have been advising international companies in the Gulf since 2010.
Arabic Law and Legal Services
Our Arabic lawyers have a genuine appreciation and understanding of the Arab culture and Arabic traditions are part of Del Canto Chambers’ identity. As a consequence, we have facilitated the forging of strong alliances between GCC, Europe and Latin America –particularly in Spain and England.
Arabic Speaking Lawyers
We have Arabic speaking lawyers and we believe in cultural immersion as the prerequisite to develop strong partnerships in the Arab world. Our experienced Arabic law specialists understand local and regional business practices, the tax and legal issues and the regulatory practices after advising in this area of law for many years.
Examples of Arabic legal and tax cases we have advised on include:
- Project managed the re-branding of Grand Cinemas, the largest cinema chain in the Middle East, and franchised it as Nova Cinema.
- Advised the claimant on a $150m arbitration case in London with a royal family member based in a Middle Eastern country.
- Advised on the final completion and the governance framework for Qatar Media’s acquisition of Gulf Film and Grand Cinemas.
- Setting up a non-profit think tank, Al Sharq Forum Foundation in Geneva, dedicated to promoting a dialogue between the Middle East and Europe.
- Advised on all legal and tax implications of a joint venture between Integral Media group
and Arianna Huffington at Huffington Post to publish HuffPost Arabi.
How can our Arabic lawyers help you?
Del Canto Chambers offers a turnkey project management approach with a full-service support solution, including decision-making protocols and timelines. The partner in the original engagement stays involved throughout the work to ensure you experience a seamless service. That connection provides consistency and intimate client knowledge, expertise and proactive advisory services.
At Del Canto Chambers we work with local auditing firms assisting with tax audits and general compliance. We work collaboratively with a strong focus on client service.
Get in Touch
Del Canto Chambers specialists are constantly up to date with new legislative changes and aware of any tax and legal implications. Contact our specialists in Arabic Law to find out how we can assist your.